|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Video Media Multi-Use License
- The Video Media (Multi-Use) License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive, commercial, worldwide license to make use of the video content (Item) you have selected, on the following terms.
- You are licensed to use the Item to create multiple End Products that incorporate the Item as well as other things, so that each End Product is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item.
- The license includes the right to utilize the Item through communication to the public (performance), broadcast, display, distribution, and reproduction. Read on for things that you can’t do with the Item.
- You can create End Products for yourself or for your clients. If you create an End Product for a client, then this license is sub-licensed to your client only for use in that specific End Product.
- You can make any number of copies of each End Product. You can distribute an End Product through multiple media, and you can broadcast it or make it available online to an unlimited number of viewers.
- You can modify or manipulate the Item, or combine the Item with other works, to suit each End Product. The resulting works based on the Item are subject to the terms of this license. You cannot claim ownership to the Item, whether it’s in original form or altered under this clause. You can do the things allowed in this clause as long as each End Product you then create is one that’s permitted under clause 2.
- You can’t re-distribute the Item as a video clip, as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, even if you modify the Item. You also can’t re-distribute the Item as-is or with superficial modifications.
- You can’t use the Item in any application allowing an end user to customize a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” application. You can use the Item in this way only if you purchase a separate single-use license for each final product incorporating the Item that is created using the application. This multi-use license is not intended for this type of use.
- You can’t use the Item (or still images extracted from it) for merchandising, which means an End Product where the primary value of the product lies in the Item itself.
- You must not permit an end user to extract the Item and use it separately from an End Product.
- You can’t claim trademark or service mark rights over the Item within an End Product.
- You can only use the Item for lawful purposes. Also, you can’t use Item in connection with defamatory, obscene or demeaning material, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
- You must not use the Item in violation of any export laws that apply to you.
- This license applies in conjunction with the Diospiro Media Terms. If there is an inconsistency between this license and the Diospiro Media Terms, this license will apply to the extent necessary to resolve the inconsistency.
- This license can be terminated if you breach it and don’t remedy the breach. If termination happens, you must stop using the Item, which includes no longer making copies of or distributing End Products until you remove the Item from them. This license can also be terminated for only the End Products to which a breach relates (rather than all End Products). In this case, this clause applies only to those End Products.
- The author of the Item retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms. You can’t claim ownership of the Item, even if modified under clause 6, for example through content identification systems.
- This license is between Diospiro Media and you. Diospiro Media is a party to this license or the one giving you the license.
Examples of End Products: DVDs, websites, games, presentations, online videos, corporate videos, films, TV shows and advertisements.
Relax: free or commercial, monetized or not, for-profit or not-for-profit – you can create as many End Products as you like!
This means that your client can use the Item within the End Product on these license terms. But your client cannot extract or use the Item separate from the End Product! You are responsible for making sure that your client is aware of this, and these license terms.
Examples: you can edit, loop or stylize a video clip to suit your project. See clause 16 for more information about ownership rights in the Item.
Examples: You can’t modify a video clip and distribute it as part of a VJ loop pack. You can’t simply stylize or recolor a video and sell it as your own.
Examples of “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” applications: online video or animation rendering services, “create your own” slideshow apps, and e-card generators. You would need one single-use license for each product created by a customer, or contact us to discuss.
Examples: screensavers, e-cards, still images used in physical products like t-shirts and calendars.
Example: if you use a video clip synced in your video, you can’t claim rights to the video clip (eg through applying “ContentID” or similar systems to the video clip).